- A non-refundable $75.00 fee is required to process your application.
- All fees must be in United States currency.
Application for Admission
You have two options to complete the application for admission:
- Apply Online
- Contact the Office of Admission to have an application mailed to you.
Academic Credentials and Official Transcripts
- Send official, certified, academic credentials and/or official transcripts directly to Edward Waters College.
- If your official academic credentials require translation and/or evaluation, those tasks are managed directly by Edward Waters College and our foreign credential evaluation partners.
- Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from each college or university attended. Failure to provide information from all previously attended institutions may result in the immediate cancellation of your application for admission.
Foreign Credential Evaluation Fees
- All fees must be in United States currency. These fees are in addition to the application fee.
- $60.00: Evaluation of high school or secondary school transcript.
- $150.00: Course-by-course evaluation of all college/university transcripts.
High School and/or Secondary School
- Applicants must be graduates of a secondary school and submit a first or second division General Certification of Education (or its equivalent for those applying from the British Commonwealth).
- Basic courses in Algebra, English, Geometry, History, Natural Sciences and other academic subjects should have been taken in secondary school. The applicant should have achieved a thorough knowledge of the English language.
- All school records must be certified by school officials and sent with your application.
- Candidates who have earned at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average are considered for regular admission.
SAT and ACT
- SAT: Optional. Edward Waters College Code: 5182
- ACT: Optional. Edward Waters College Code: 0724
May be required if native language of language of instruction is something other English. Minimum scores for the three versions of the exam are:
- Paper Test: 477 or higher
- Computer Test: 153 or higher
- Internet Test: 53 or higher
TOEFL scores will be waived for applicants who are:
- Graduates of high schools within the United States.
- Students whose native language or language of instruction is English.
- Students transferring to Edward Waters College after at least one year at another English language college or university.
- Information on the TOEFL exam may be obtained by writing to: Education Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540, USA
- Two recommendations are required.
- Recommendations from Edward Waters College faculty and/or staff cannot fulfill this requirement.
- Recommendations should be typewritten, include recommender's contact information and should provide insight regarding your ability to complete college-level work, adjust to the college setting, work in teams, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and contribute to the academic community.
- Applicants must provide a notarized financial statement from a United States Embassy showing that the applicant has enough support for at least one year in the United States.
- This statement must be submitted with the application for admission. This amount should be at least $18,028.00 to cover the cost of one year's of tuition, fees, living expenses, and other necessities.
- The statement must also show who will provide the funds.
- Be mindful, the stated dollar amount is for the 2012-2013 academic year and is subject to change.
- International students who enter the United States as non-immigrants on a student visa must not accept permanent employment without the permission of the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization.
- Medical care for international students is the responsibility of the student and/or his or her source of financial support. International students are responsible for purchasing their own medical insurance. The College does not offer medical insurance.